Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Random Notes from the 4th of July Weekend

First off, we are old.

There will be no stories of drunken debauchery and skinny dipping in the bay during fireworks. Sorry to disappoint. Since our long weekend was somewhat uneventful due to the massive house cleaning that needed to be done in preparation for the in-laws arrival (they are not staying with us, but still, we like to at least put on the airs that we are clean, well groomed people worthy of raising their grandson) but I still have a few points of interests (maybe) from this weekend.

FINALLY!
I have been LUSTING after a pair of black, wedgie espadrille sandals that tie around my ankle for the past 6 weeks. They spent many a shopping trip on the top of my “must have” list due to the fact that I see them on other people, but have NEVER SEEN THEM IN THE STORES. WTF?! They obviously exist, why do they allude me? Well, this weekend I found them. There they were at Nordstrom just waiting to be bought. The sales lady said they have only had them for 3 days. I was ecstatic.

You don’t understand, for the past 3 weeks, every time I put on an outfit I think that it would look SO much better if I had these shoes. So I get the shoes home and begin to try them on with various outfits. So my ‘summer’ ankle length jeans are a little too long for them. My fave flowered skirt just doesn’t look right with them. Not even my black gaucho pants… WHAT THE HELL?! SIGH. So they sat there through the holiday weekend, unworn and unloved.

I’m Too Sexy For My Clothes
Jason needed new shorts, so we went to Abercrombie and Fitch, because while everything else in that store has shrunken down to sizes that only fit midgets and 13 year olds, their men’s shorts are still the best. We turn the corner and walk into the store and I almost rolled Lucas’ stroller straight into a real life Abercrombie model – wearing nothing but low (and I mean LOW) slung jeans and a belt. Now, while the shitless wonder was indeed HOT!, I had to bite my tongue to stop from laughing right in his face.

So what IS A&F selling these days, overpriced worn through cargo pants, or sex?

The Quest
I am a white girl. I may have mentioned before that Jason has this fabulous skin color that after 5 minutes in the sun he goes the perfect shade of golden brown. Yea, not me – I go pink, or red and once even blue and blistered. So, self tanners have actually been a godsend for me as I’m finally able to achieve that golden glow. Well, here is a tip for all my fellow “tanorexics” out there – if you are using the fake stuff, and you get a pedi, just say “NO” to the callous remover treatment. While the lure of completely sloughed feet may sound nice, it eats right through the “tan” and leaves your feet and legs all mottled and you end up looking like you have the same disease that afflicts Michael Jackson. Yea, not so hot.

Last but not least…
Just got a call from my good friend Marina, and she’s in LABOR! So within the next 24 hours we will be welcoming a new little life into the world.. That thought always makes me smile - even on the Tuesday after a long weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

What is it with footwear sometimes that you think it's going to look all cool, and then it doesn't. BTDT too. Are you going to return the sandals or just go shopping for clothes they DO look awesome with?

Oh and about the cleaning spree when the inlaws come. I've done that a ton of times. Like you said it's all about keeping up appearances.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Char said...

I came across your blog after clicking "Next Blog" and it made me crack up.
Sorry your shoes dont fit. I say return 'em and buy a terrific handbag instead. :) Thats my fetish. Lol.

Oh.. and Lucas is a doll.

Cat

http://perceptionsofafatchick.blogspot.com

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... film editing classes

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home